Saturday, June 18, 2011

Star Wars Tenth Anniversary Signed and Numbered Poster



This wonderful poster  was sold at the Disneyland Star Trader in the late 80's. It is limited edition, signed by the artist and numbered. The poster cost around $50. I saw it and wanted it! I did not care how much it cost me. Through the years it stayed well protected in storage only to come out when I tried to get it professionally framed. When the framers would tell me that they would have to glue the poster to a mat and cut the poster so it would fit a certain size frame, I would refuse and put it back into storage. Eventually, I had decided to buy a frame large enough to fit the poster because I was setting up my Star Wars museum. I especially wanted this poster in the museum because it was my favorite. I put the poster in the back of my car, drove to the frame shop, opened the hatch to find............the poster had been wet and torn!!! I screamed!!!!!!! How did it get that way????? Well, I also left a cooler with water in the back. I was so focused and excited about finally getting this poster framed that I didn't even see the cooler. As I drove to the frame store, the water sloshed out and the cooler slid onto the poster causing a tear. Oh the pain!!!!!!!!                          
 Well, the poster is framed anyway and the tear is barely noticeable. But I will always see it no matter what. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. sigh.

1 comment: