Saturday, May 27, 2017

Vintage Princess Leia Organa Large Size Action Figure


The Vintage Large Size Leia figure is a recent addition to my collection. I got this figure a few years before the passing of Carrie Fisher. Because of that, I didn't deal with those lame-os ridiculously upping the price. Way back in the late 70's early 80's I had friend who owned a Large Size Leia figure. We were very good friends at the time. I moved away but lived close. A few years had passed and I decided go pay her a visit and ask her if she would sell her Leia figure to me. I go to her place and we sit and chat. I finally get to asking her to sell it to me but unfortunately her stepfather wouldn't be happy about that. She had a falling out with her stepdad and had run away. The day I visited, my friend just happened to be visiting her mother. They told me that if the Leia doll was missing then he would know she was there and would be very pissed. Not necessarily true, since the mother could have just sold it to me, but whatever.  I eventually purchased my own figure and am happy for it.

A great thing about this figure is that it got girls to be interested in collecting Star Wars. Girls were able to change Leia's hairstyle, and brush and comb her hair with these really cute accessories.

Here is the back side of the box showing the different hairstyle possibilities!!! Yeah!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment