Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set


One of Kenner's earliest Emipire Strikes Back playsets, the Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set was, for the most part, an updated version of the Land of the Jawas set of nearly two years earlier. The base was simply molded in white rather than tan, in order to simulate snow instead of sand. The cardboard backdrop was also changed to simulate an AT-AT rather than a Jawa Sandcrawler. Grossly out of scale and even a bit malformed, the AT-AT included an "elevator" platform capable of lifting figures up behind the backdrop. 
In place of the escape pod that came with the Land of the Jawas was a tiny radar laser cannon. 
In June of 2016 I purchased this off of Ebay. I was really excited to get this until I actually got it. The box is really beat up, as well as the backdrop. The base is painted. I knew it wasn't in the best of conditions when I bid on it and told myself it would be okay, but unfortunately it makes me sad every time I look at it. I'm hoping that one day I will be able to get one in better condition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment