Monday, September 18, 2017

Vintage The Jabba The Hutt Dungeon Action Playset

Available only at Sears during the Christmas seasons of 1983 and 1984, The Jabba The Hutt Dungeon Action Playset is a re-worked version of Kenner's Droid Factory of 1979. However, the plastic base of the Jabba's Dungeon set differed from its earlier counterpart in both color and minor detailing. Its crane element also included two hooks whereas the Droid Factory's boasted only one. This is a collectible I purchased in the late 2010's. I was at a point in my collecting that I wanted to get more vintage items that were not in my collection. I figured since I have the money I may as well get some of the more expensive items. The dungeon was not cheap but I still got it for under $100. I was able to get everything seen in the photo for a very good price. The Dungeon is not a very good playset because it really does not have much going for. The only real reason to get this set is for the three action figures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment