Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Vintage Star Wars Droid Factory


The Droid Factory is a very cool playset. It came with a lot of parts, as well as "blueprints," which allowed kids to build a series of different-looking droids. By far, the coolest of these droids was the three-legged version of R2-D2.Due to its large number of parts, the playset is tough to find in a loose, complete state. The orange tube, metal rods and many white rubber pegs are among the parts most frequently missing. This is another collectible that was given to me by my friend in the late 80's in exchange for a Batman comic book. I definitely got the best end of the deal. I have never actually played with this set and never bothered to try and build a droid. I was an adult at the time of receiving this and had no interest in building except for the R2-D2 because he has the middle leg which was not a part of a carded action figure until the late 90's. I was so stoked to have an R2-D2 with a middle leg.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment