Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Vintage Radio Controlled R2-D2

I acquired the Radio Controlled R2-D2 in the late 80's from the brother of my really good friend at the time. I was hanging out at their house and he just offered to me his whole Star Wars collection. I was very excited and grateful. After he had given me his collection it finally came out why he did it, he wanted to trade an issue of the Batman comic in which Robin is killed by the Joker. I don't know why he thought I had it and I felt really bad so I offered to give back the Star Wars collection. He didn't want it back!!! I got some great items for my collection including the R2-D2!
After all these years R2 still looks good. Mainly because I take very good care of it. It doesn't totally work unfortunately. R2 only makes two different beeping sounds and that's it. R2 is supposed to move forward and backwards, as well as turn his head. Wish I could get it to work but don't know what to do. Also the remote is missing the long antenna wire so maybe that is why R2 is not working properly. Who knows? Anyway R2 looks great on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment