Thursday, January 17, 2019

Vintage Darth Vader Figure


 My original Darth Vader figure from 1977 is in very good condition. It even has the tip on the light saber. The cardback did not fare so well. It was in such bad condition that I used marker to fix it as much as I could.
 I also did the lame thing of crossing out the figures I got. Since I don't have another cardback that is from the Star Wars period of the collection, this upsets me even more. Grrrr!!!
I got some more Vaders through the years. The Vader in the middle did not have a cape so I reproduced one. It looks pretty good. The inside is a bit shinier than the original but that's okay. Unfortunately the Vader on the far right has a ripped cape. I don't know how to repair that. Sadness!
 I have another Darth Vader cardback but have no recollection as to where I got it. This card is messed up also. The punch tab is torn off and the POP is gone and torn. Of course I marked the back also! Ugh!

I  have another Vader that was made in 1995. It was cast from the original figure. Does that mean this is a duplicate or a reproduction? There are collectors who totally hate repro. Does that include this figure even though it is an official release from Hasbro??? It's still in the package because they all look good together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment