Sunday, January 20, 2019

Vintage Luke Skywalker Figure

 This is my original Luke figure from my childhood. It's sad that I have no memory of getting this figure. Did someone just give it to me? Did I get it as a birthday gift? Did I buy it myself??? I don't KNOW! I don't even have the cardback. Why??? This mystery will never be solved. Sigh.
 I collected a few more Lukes through the years. The two middle figures were badly yellowed so I whitened them with peroxide. It did a great job, but unfortunately it discolored the skin of the third Luke. Sadness:-(
The funny thing is the Luke at the far right is vintage but the Lightsaber is the one from the 90's shown below. 
I  have another Luke that was made in 1995. It was cast from the original figure. Does that mean this is a duplicate or a reproduction? There are collectors who totally hate repro. Does that include this figure even though it is an official release from Hasbro??? I'm having a hard time taking it out of the package. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment