Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vintage Princess Leia Organa Action Figure




Princess Leia Organa was included in the Early Bird Set, but made its first carded appearance on the Star Wars 12 back card in 1978. The figure includes a cape and a laser pistol.



The Leia with the pistol is my original. For some reason I no longer have the cardback. Sadness! I got two other Leias later but they did not have a cape. Using a template from Toypolloi, I was able to make capes from a vinyl blow up ball. The capes are not exactly the same as can be seen but they still look good on display.



A story from my childhood:

I really loved to play with my Star Wars toys. With lots of playing comes lots of wear. Well, parts of Leia's hair had worn off. It was so annoying! I had a great idea one day to paint the hair with black oil based paint that my mother happen to have under the sink.  Just after my mother walks out the door to go to work, I take out the can of paint and set it on the kitchen table. Right after I pop the top off, my brother says he will go tell mother on me. Ugh! Such a pain! I proceed to paint, my brother leaves, and a few  minutes later my mother enters telling me to put the paint away. Lame!!! Of course she's really upset because she was on her way to work and had to walk back to the apartment to do some scolding. Anyway, she walks out the door again, but I was not deterred and finished painting Leia. Then it happened....I pull at a rag that was under the paint can, and before I even realized what I had done the can falls to the floor. In slow motion of course!!!!    Black oil based paint splatter all over the kitchen floor. Oil based paint is REALLY tough to clean up. Well, I get it cleaned but the news gets to mother and she  punishes me. Hey, at least Leia's hair looks fabulous!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you got it done. Too bad your brother was such a brat!

    ReplyDelete