Sunday, June 9, 2019

Retro Collection: Escape From Death Star Game with Grand Moff Tarkin

 This has been a figure long time coming! It was a shame that Kenner never made a Tarkin Figure during the original run of figures. He is one of the major characters in Star Wars and a figure was never made. Oh, we got Prune Face, and the freakin' Imperial Dignitary!!!! GRRR!!!
 With this new Retro Collection a huge mistake has been corrected and now we have a Tarkin figure in all his vintage looking glory. Hasbro did a great job making the figure look a lot like the way the vintage figures would look. I think the body is from the Imperial Commander figure. They look a lot alike. LOL!!! The weapon can be differentiated from a vintage because Hasbro stamped a number on it. Clever thinking!
 The figure is included in the Escape From Death Star Game. This is another remake from a classic game from the 70's.  I have the original game and have posted pictures of it on this blog.
 The games look quite similar. The obvious difference is the small cut out on the cover of the box to show Grand Moff Tarking.
 While I didn't really need nor want the board game because I have the original, the only way to get                                           
the figure is to buy the game and since I wanted two figures, I had to buy two games. Argh!!! Check out my video on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2qSrlpbk4 to see how I acquired the sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment