Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Power of the Force 2 Electronic Power F/X R2-D2





I've had this little droid in my collection since 1996. I kept it in the bubble for years! Recently I have decided to just open all of my figures. Rip them away from the card! Out of the bubble! Out! I say!!!
It has been very satisfying! I'm not a child who want's to play with my toys but I really want to be able to experience them. How they feel, smell, function, and in this case sound. Would the Electronic Power F/X R2-D2 still work after all these years? The answer is...yes!!! Amazingly enough the batteries are still charged! Quality control indeed! The sound of R2 is very primitive compared to what we get these days, but I'm still impressed that it makes sound. It lights up too! Awesome!!!

There's this wand with a magnet at the tip. It's a way to move R2 on the stage. Ooo! R2 moves like magic! Ahhh! Not really! This is the part of the toy that does not function very well. LOL!!! The wand keeps detaching from R2. Lame! 
R2-D2 looks great on display! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment