Sunday, March 5, 2017

Vintage Imperial Shuttle Vehicle



One of the largest and most expensive of Kenner's Star Wars toys, the Imperial Shuttle, released in 1984, was also one of the best designed. It came with a nifty action feature, which allowed the two wings to be lowered slowly when a trigger on the underside handle was activated. The shuttle also has laser sounds, and open side panels.  It includes a ramp that can be lowered underneath the vehicle, as well as a cockpit that opens to allow two figures to sit inside. 




This is a toy I have wanted in my collection for many years. Back in the 80's I found it difficult to purchase because the thing was expensive! I was only earning an allowance. Later, when I was old enough to get a part time job, the toy was no longer in stores *sigh*.  So, I decided to look on Ebay to purchase one. The Imperial Shuttle is very rare and hard to find complete in good condition. Took me a long time to find one at a reasonable price. It is part of my collection, so, yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment