Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Star Wars Action Figure Survival Kit

This is not the survival kit that was offered free with 5 proofs of purchase. That set included the Jedi training backpack and the asteroid gas masks. This set has the backpacks for the Hoth figures and the grappling hook, belts, and weapons. They all seem made for the Hoth action figures. I have completely forgotten where this set comes from. Oops!!! I should have logged my collection so I would have detailed information about when, where, and how I got them.
I did get the survival set from the free mail away, but that had been opened and played with. All the parts are scattered in different parts of my collection.
The gas masks fit really well on the action figures. I remember using them when I was playing with the figures as if they were in the asteroid as seen in The Empire Strikes Back. Good times!!! Unfortunately, due the exposure and time the gas masks have begun to yellow.
These backpacks are another cool accessory for the Hoth figures. It's really cool how back in the day Kenner would just offer their products for free. I mean, they didn't even charge for shipping! I miss those days. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment