Saturday, March 31, 2018

Vintage Rebel Command Center

The Rebel Command Center was the third in a series of "playsets" used by Sears to help sell new action figures, which at the time were exclusive to the retailer. This time, the exclusive figures were Luke Hoth, AT-AT Commander and R2-D2 with sensorscope. 

The playset itself consisted of the white plastic base previously used for the Hoth Ice Planet playset, which itself had been recycled from the Land of the Jawas toy, as well as a unique cardboard backdrop representing the interior of the Rebels' Echo Base. There's a lever that activates figures for mock battles. 
I was obsessed with getting this because I wanted to complete my vintage Star Wars collection. I saw several of these for auction on ebay and made several attempts to win. I won a set but when I got it, I was very disappointed. Fortunately, one I had bid on came back to me because the winner had apparently dropped out. I win! The second set is much better and very nice looking. It came with the three figures also. Bonus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment