Monday, March 26, 2018

Vintage C-3PO Collector's Case

This is Kenner's successor to their ultra-popular Darth Vader Collector's Case, the C-3PO Collector's Case holds 40 figures and features a vac-metallized surface of gold. The sculpting of the droid's bust and the shiny quality of it made for a pretty impressive-looking item. First released in 1983, the C-3PO Collector's Case actually appeared on store shelves beside it's Darth Vader counterpart for a time. It also co-existed with the Laser Rifle Carry Case.
This was a gift for Krismas in 1983. I was so happy.
I had all of the figures at the time but only the vinyl collector's case. I had to double up the figures for awhile. With the arrival of this case, I could finally give my figures the space they needed. LOL!!
The little compartment for all the weapons and accessories did a great job of holding them in. 
The sticker sheet is looking rather old. Wonder if I should seal it in something?? Hmm. 
I got another case maybe a year or two later at Toys R Us. As I am writing this all of the Toys R Us stores are closing:-( I remember going to my local Toys R Us in the mid 80's and finding this on the shelves and deciding to purchase it. 
Looking at this price tag, I'm hoping I didn't actually pay $15! That's actually higher than the suggested price! The tag also says toy liquidators which means it's supposed to be marked down! What ??? 
The C-3PO is another item I never bothered to open and I am really glad I didn't. It looks great all together and sealed. It looks especially great on display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment