Monday, October 1, 2018

Hasbro's Behind the Workbench Book

 I am so excited about getting Jabba's Sail Barge. I came close to not backing it. I kept looking at the crowd funding page, and reading about it, and watching how many people were backing it. I wasn't sure spending $500 was a smart way to spend that money. I looked at how close it was getting to the end date and that Hasbro still had not made their quota. I decided to go ahead and "back the Barge" with the assumption that it would not be fully funded. I mean, it was $500! That's a lot of money to fork over for something that won't ship for almost a year. Well, when the end date came and the Barge was fully backed and then some, I was happy. I felt a little bit guilty because it was a lot of money, but also very excited for something very exclusive and apparently of great detail. Part of backing the Barge was getting this book. It basically details what the barge is, how it will be built, and how it will finally look. The anticipation is wonderful! I feel like a kid back in the 80's waiting for the next really cool Star Wars toy to come out.

I really like how Hasbro made the cover and back look very Kenner retro, replicating the style of the instruction sheets that came with playsets and vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment