Friday, July 20, 2018

POTF 2 Saelt-Marae (Yak Face)

 Released in 1997, this figure did not make it into my collection until 2017, and July 2018. I got them both at Book Off. I like this version of Yak Face, since it has a bit more detail and a better sculpt than the vintage.
 I have almost as much nostalgia for the POTF2 figures as I do for the vintage figures. When the POTF2 figures came out in the 90's, I was so excited. Unlike today, the figures were easy to find and in abundance. I went crazy!!! I travelled to many different stores to find the figures that I wanted. I had a lot of fun hunting for figures.
 On the back: One of Jabba the Hutt's top agents, very little is known about the mysterious Saelt-Marae or his specific connection to the crime lord. He could often be found hanging out in Jabba's desert palace.
 Expanded universe information: "Yak Face" is a Yarkora trader, who hangs out at Jabba's Palace drinking with Ree-Yees. Or at least he did before he died in the Sail Barge's explosion.
 This Yak Face will end up displayed on my Sail Barge. Oh yeah!!!
I wanted to open the one with the price stickers, but the one without stickers was already slightly opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment