Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Vintage Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler

When I was a kid, I had no clue this thing existed. I don't even remember seeing commercials. A few years ago I learned about this and wanted it ever since. I kept hunting and eventually found it on ebay in October 2017, for a good price considering it is complete. The seller did not mention if it worked but I went ahead and got it.  I found that the Sandcrawler works but not that great, because it will go forward very well but not backwards so it's difficult to turn. 
The radio-controlled, 2-channel unit operates from up to 20 feet away. 

 Unfortunately, the antenna wire is all bent out of shape. I really need to figure out a way to straighten it. Also, the hinges on the door are broken, but can still be displayed well. The hard to find ladder is also included. The ladder alone can go for hundreds of dollars! It's crazy!
 The lift is another item that is easily lost or is sold without the sticker. Here it is with the sticker! Yeah!!!!!
 This top hatch door is in perfect working condition. The only problem is that a sticker is missing on the dash. Bummer! Does that make this not complete??? Hmmmm?
Here is a really cool shot of the interior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment